Jewellery is must have for every woman. Be it a pendant, ring, bangle or a necklace- every woman owns something or the other. Jewellery has always been a part of human culture. Even from the times when humans first started using clothes some thousand years ago- jewels were made from any kind of materials such as stones, feathers, plants, bones, shells, wood, animal skin and much more. With time as humans changed, their thinking and way of living also changed. These days’ diamonds, gold, pearl, ruby, emerald, Kundan have become a big craze for every woman.
Jewellery designs are versatile in India and it varies from state to state. Jewellery can be of so many different types- silver, gold, diamond, metal, pearl, emerald, ruby etc.
But there are certain things you should keep in mind while buying Jewellery these days:
- If you are buying gold jewellery make sure it is BIS Hallmarked in it. Never go for gold jewellery which doesn’t have a BIS Hallmark in it.
- Do not forget to take a retail invoice from the shop while buying any kind of gold jewellery where the present rate of gold, the making charge and the BIS Hallmark is clearly mentioned.
- If you are going for any other kind of Jewellery like Kundan, emerald, ruby- make sure what kind of quality is provided to you by the shopkeeper.
- Make sure the shopkeeper weighs the gold properly in a weighing machine while selling it.
- Always remember the 4c’s while buying diamond jewellery i.e. cut, clarity, colour and carat.
- Certificate from GIA matters a lot while buying a diamond jewellery where the 4c’s, the rate of the diamond, the exact diamond conditions are what mentioned in the certificate
These are some of the essential things one must keep in mind while buying Jewellery.