Isn’t silver our favourite when it comes to those fancy jhumkaas and rings? But we all know that silver gets oxidised and turns black with time, also if proper care is not taken. There are some very basic tips that one can follow while wearing silver jewellery and prevent any kind of tarnish!
- The most important thing to keep in mind is to avoid wearing silver ornaments while doing any kind of household chores. Household chemicals tend to corrode and tarnish the ornaments.
- Ladies, always wear the jewellery after you get ready! Makeup, cosmetics, perfumes or hair sprays, have chemicals that lead to corrosion and tarnishing of the ornaments! So, wear your jewellery at the end to avoid any kind of damage.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that sun exposure is a reason for tarnish; hence avoid wearing your silver jewellery while swimming.
- Always store your jewellery in a cool and dry place. Avoid storing multiple pieces in the same pouch to prevent damage and scratches.
- Since silver is a soft metal, scratches are common to occur. To avoid scratches, clean your silver jewellery with a soft lint free cloth or a microfiber cloth. Using paper napkins or towels might lead to scratches.
- While cleaning, make sure you rub your jewellery in back and forth motions instead of circular motions. Rubbing in circular motion tends to enhance the visibility of the scratches.
We hope that with these basic tips, you would surely be able to keep your favourite jhumkaas fresh and new!